Monday, October 29, 2012

Green Bean Painting

My kid will eat just about anything.  I made all of his baby food and experimented with some interesting concoctions such as my black beans, bananas, and yogurt surprise! He ate it all.  But then he started eating the same foods we eat and I got lazy.  If his gums weren't quite up to our weekly pizza I "supplemented" with organic squeezy packets.  If we're not eating healthy at least he is, right? I can't tell you how much money I've spent on those squeeze packets. They are $1.70 a pouch! Seriously?  Mr. F can eat 4 in one sitting.  I refuse to pay more for his serving size than I do for mine. I had to break him (and me) of the addiction.  So I bought the Beaba reusable squeeze thingy.  Thinking, I'm a genius.  So I bought a huge pack of green beans, steamed them, pureed them and filled my $15 reusable squeezy...and he promptly spit them back at me. Great.  Will try again with fruit? So I had this huge container of green beans that he clearly wasn't going to eat so we painted with them instead.  
I wasn't sure how he was going to take to this activity as he hates, yes hates, anything mushy to touch his fingers.  The first time he touched playdough he gagged.  What's wrong with this kid? However, he dug right in today.  Unfortunately, he didn't try to eat the paint. 

Think he'll want this piece when he's older?


Yay!  Using his hands!





Survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment