Saturday, October 13, 2012

Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

I put more work into this tart than I prefer to put into to cooking and it was definitely out of my comfort zone but worth it.  It was sweet, creamy, and wait for it....a little tart. This recipe is from Anna Olson, a chef who has some really cool (if work intensive) desserts. I wish I was a food photographer, well any kind of photographer, so I could do this delicious tart some justice.  Unfortunately, I'm not. 


Ingredients:


Chocolate Crust:
1 cup flour
14 cup cocoa powder
4 tbsp brown sugar
14 tsp salt
6 tbsp butter
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla 

Pumpkin Filling:
1 8-oz package cream cheese at room temperature
12 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin purée
1 tbsp cornstarch
12 tsp cinnamon
12 tsp cardamom
12 tsp ginger
1 egg
2 egg yolks

Ganache Topping:
2 oz bittersweet chocolate
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp corn syrup


Recipe: 

~Using a food processor blend all of the ingredients for the chocolate crust and form into a patty and chill for at least an hour.  I left mine overnight and it was really hard to roll out the next day

~Roll out the dough into a circle and put into a tart pan (I had to buy one...first timer here). Chill the tart shell for 30 minutes...see what I mean about all the work? ~Preheat to 350° and bake the crust for about 25 minutes

 ~In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients for the pumpkin cream cheese filling 

~Pour pumpkin cream cheese filling into cooled chocolate crust and bake for 25 minutes 

~For the ganache, melt the chocolate, butter and corn syrup and pour over cooled pumpkin cheesecake . Chill for at least 2 hours before slicing. 

~Seriously, so much work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment