Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes

Yum yum totally yum.  Whole wheat pancakes can be really grainy and dry but these are not.  As I've mentioned before they are...yum.  I think next time I'll try them with pecans for an even yummier (ok, I'm done) breakfast.  This is also yet another kid friendly, Mr. F recommended pumpkin recipe.  I still haven't found the right savory pumpkin dish but this is definitely a plus for pumpkin on the sweet side.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg

Recipe:

~Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix all the wet ingredients in at once.

~I used butter in a large frying pan and used about 1/3 cup batter for each pancake.


Mr. F getting sticky
~Serve with lots of syrup and get ready for a sticky but yummy mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment