Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin roll is a holiday classic, right?  The husband's family introduced this recipe to me and I've craved it ever since.  I think the original recipe has nuts in it but I have one of those families that's allergic to everything so I went straight cream cheese and sugar on this one. We topped off a really healthy (yeah right) meal with this little log and it was delicious. How am I ever going to get my "good fat" in for the day?


Ingredients:

Cake
3 eggs
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar (how could this be bad?)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour

Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz cream cheese~room temp
2 tbsp butter~room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar

Recipe:
~Preheat oven to 375.

~Mix all the ingredients for the cake together.

~Line a jelly roll pan/cookie sheet with lip with wax paper.  I also recommend spraying the wax paper with Pam or other strange butter like substance from an aerosol can. When you pour the cake batter into the pan it doesn't seem like it's going to enough batter but magically, it is.

~Cook cake for about 12 minutes.

~When cake is finished cooking allow it to cool completely while you prepare the cream cheese filling (delicious!)

~Again, just mix everything together...love these recipes. Spread evenly over cooled cake.

~Now it's time to start praying. My cake stuck to the paper because I didn't have the foresight to use Pam. If however, you used Pam and said your prayers your cake should roll right up into a log of perfection.

~Freeze for about 2 hours and then it's ready to eat or can hang in the fridge until you're ready to devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment