Friday, October 5, 2012

Muffcakes

As of today I am officially starting 15 days of pumpkin.  For the next 15 days my family will suffer through the unusual, unbelievable, and hopefully some "umm....more please." I didn't want to start off with a bang and set expectations too high so I did the easy recipe first.  I like to call them pumpkin muffins and again pretend that I'm eating healthy.  Because muffins are healthy, right? The husband wouldn't have it and said they are definitely cupcakes and just because I didn't put icing on them doesn't mean they are healthy.  We compromised with "muffcakes." This recipe is one of the first things I ever pinned and actually made. The very best part about this recipe is that there are only 2 ingredients!

Ingredients
1. Box of yellow cake mix (seriously, what flavor is yellow?)
2. Can of pumpkin
3. (Optional) frosting

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put cupcake wrappers in a muffin tin.  I sprayed my wrappers because these muffcakes get pretty sticky
3. Mix together box of yellow cake mix (who knows what's in there...this is not organic) and can of pumpkin
4. Spoon pumpkin mixture into 12 cupcakes wrappers
5. Bake for 25 minutes
6. If you are frosting your muffcakes wait until they cool and scoop some of that delicious solid sugar on top and quickly shove one in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment