Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

This recipe is another 3ish ingredient classic.  Admittedly, I have always frowned on processed foods, especially right after I eat a frozen pizza or can of Raviolis, but not anymore.  I've spent hours working on pumpkin recipes this week mostly to be told "eh, it's not bad." But for the second time in this challenge I've used a box cake mix and I get, "Oh my God! Are there more of those?" It's official, I cook like a professional chef with a little help from Mr. Hines and Mrs. Crocker. These cookies are even better than the Muffcakes I made earlier in the week because you don't have to worry about those pesky cupcake wrappers.  As soon as these babies are frosted (or not) you can pop them right in your mouth and you won't even have time to feel guilty before you've finished the second one. This "recipe" is about as far from organic as I can get and unfortunately, I love it.


Ingredients:
1 Box spice cake mix
1 Can of pumpkin puree
Cream cheese frosting (from a carton or some of you may even be good enough to make your own...I wasn't)
Pumpkin pie spice (optional) - I added about a tsp to the frosting

Recipe:
~Preheat oven to 350
~Mix spice cake power (what is that stuff?!?) and can of pumpkin puree
~Spoon onto cookie sheet - I was able to get about 24 big cookies
~Bake for 15-20 minutes
~Once cookies are cool, frost and immediately shove into your mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment