Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Almost Made It...

Since I have finally accepted that I'm fat and have actually been trying to do something about it my goal has been to run the Race for the Cure 5k in November.  I've been "running" for the past two or three weeks and today I finally saw a difference.  A friend of mine introduced me to Lake Pflugerville (it's a big pond) which has a 3 mile track around it.  I've only been out there a few times but today I almost made it the entire 3 miles!  Mr. F was screaming most of the time so I just kept up my pace to try to finish a little earlier and I did!  I cut off two minutes from my time last week and I only had to walk once for about a minute.  Now obviously, I'm no marathoner but it was pretty exciting to finish today and not feel like a total pile of sludge.  I promptly rewarded myself with Chuy's...


The best part about running :)


No comments:

Post a Comment