Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dumplings...and I don't mean Mr. F

Girls Night.  Great Night.  J & H came over for "Asian" night.  I made Alton Brown's potsticker dumplings, J made "Asian Pasta Salad?" and H made an "Asian Salad." 
It was a fun cooking night, minus Mr. F screaming in the background and good talk time.  I'm not sure what to do about Mr. F?  He is completely attached and isn't interested wants absolutely nothing to do with anyone who isn't me.  It seems endearing...to a point.  Currently, I'm working on not killing myself.  On Monday the daycare let him scream for 2 hours before they politely said, "get your kid before we throw him." Suggestions?  I'm at a loss and tired of Everyone saying I'm just spoiling him.  No.  This kid is literally minutes away from a panic attack at 11 months!  

Anyway, somehow I was able to cook some pretty good food...

Ingredients:
1 lb ground pork
1/2 cup chopped green onions
4 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
2 eggs
4 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp mustard
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
3 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
30 to 40 wonton papers
3 to 4 tbsp veggie oil for frying
1 1/3 chicken stock, divided 

Recipe
~ Mix the first 11 ingredients together (I love recipes like this :))

~ Fill wonton papers (about 1 tbsp) and fold however you want...will make a lot!

~Brush pan (NOT non-stick) with veggie oil and fry 6-10 wontons for 3 minutes...don't mess with these!!!

~Drizzle 1/3 cup chicken stock, cover, slightly lower heat, and cover for 3 minutes


~Repeat and enjoy :)








No comments:

Post a Comment