Friday, November 2, 2012

Sister

This is a sappy one...
Today and everyday I am thankful for my sister.  We have been best friends for years and get lost without each other.  I'm still not convinced we came from the same genes as she is infinitely kind, loving, and generous (and always late). She is the eternal positive thinker and finds joy in the littlest things, which makes for really long shopping trips ;) while constantly taking care of everyone else.  Sister is another of the 3 people in the world Mr. F loves and he loves her dearly.  She gives him hugs, kisses, and anything he wants.  Unfortunately, for her husband she seems to have adopted Mr. F and me as part of her household.  She never asks for anything but always feeds us, shops for us, and welcomes us into her chaos. She never judges, at least out loud, and is always forgiving.  I'm never as kind to her (fatal personality flaw) and yet she loves me anyway and most of the time accepts me for the B I can be.
Sister, like my mother, always puts her needs behind those of other's.  That is what brought her home to us this time.  When our mom got sick again (don't read this if you're under 18 or a prude...FUCK CANCER!) she immediately got on a plane, left her kids and came home to hold all of our hands and hearts.  By the time she booked her plane back to Kentucky she had made the decision to move her entire life back home to be here for Mom, Dad, and me. As soon as she, my brother-in-law, and her crazy sweet babies were here things were right again.  We knew that whatever the future held we would be ok because we had each other.  Since my mom passed away we have become inseparable. We both have such a huge hole in our hearts right now and being together eases the pain.  Our mom gave us to each other in hopes that we would learn from the other and I have learned; what a loving, forgetful, caring, compassionate, forgiving, generous, late, silly, and amazing person she is.  I will never be able to express my gratitude fully for all she has done for me so today I just say thank you.
Love you Sister
.

1 comment:

  1. I love you too, so much...and re-read this the next time I'm late...hehe. I've always felt really lucky that I was your sister and I got to be in your life without being chosen..you had to take me.

    ReplyDelete