Sunday, November 18, 2012

Good Old Fashioned Banana Bread

Geez, guess I've been MIA lately.  It's that crazy time of year I wish would last forever but unfortunately, time  seems to disappear.  I can't believe Mr. F's birthday party was already two weeks ago! We've been running around like crazy for the last month.  Today we finally slowed down.  The husband spent the weekend at the F1 race so we spent today getting things finished around the house and making banana bread. I love banana bread but can't ever seem to get the whole banana situation right.  I usually have time to make the bread when the bananas aren't ripe enough or are beyond ripe and being swarmed by fruit flies. Today however, the bananas crowding my counter were perfect.  Mr. F was in desperate need of attention (as opposed to every other second of every other day) so I sat on the floor with him and we smashed bananas together.  Perfect little helper until I was ready to use the bananas. Then we went into full of scream mode.  Luckily, I had the baby gemini so I was "holding" him and cooking.  Gemini=Genius 
Banana Bread Recipe (adapted from Better Homes & Gardens)

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 melted butter
As many bananas as you have! At least 1 1/2 cups smashed 
1/4 cup walnuts

Recipe:
~The original recipe has at least 5 steps.  Mine...
~Mix everything together
~Poor into a greased bread pan
~Bake at 350 for about 55 minutes, slather on the butter, and eat up!

1 comment:

  1. This looks pretty yummy. I too love banana bread. Did Mr. F. like it as well once baked?

    ReplyDelete