Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Freedom...

Let me be cliche...today I'm thankful for our freedom to elect our leaders. At least kind of. The whole Electoral College thing real screws with us but for the most part our votes sort of count. Most of us take our freedom and our ability to vote for granted but I've had the opportunity to see places where people don't have these awesome opportunities and we really are fortunate. I live in a state where (regardless of affiliation) my vote doesn't really get a voice one way or the other but I believe it's still important to have my say. I took Mr. F for his first voting experience and he definitely had his say! Glad we didn't get kicked out. It will be interesting to watch him develop his own political opinions over the next 18 years and to try really hard not to influence his views. I HATED when kids would tell me how awful a candidate is/was but couldn't tell me why. I hope I'm able to guide him to think for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment