Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy First Birthday Mr. F!

I should have done this post yesterday but I was exhausted.  So today...
Happy Birthday Mr. F! It has been a roller coaster year but we made it!  This time last year I was so anxious to take you home and start our new lives.  As it turned out I rushed things a bit.  You weren't quite ready to come home and I had no idea what I was doing.  After starving you for a day or two we were back in the hospital and I was a total mess.  Live and learn?  I'm so grateful that you were ok and that some milk finally came in for you. While we were in the hospital one of the nurses told me that you really liked to be held and were not happy when they put you back in your bed.  I knew then you were going to be a "mama's boy."  As it turns out you ARE a mama's boy and I love that you are able to come to me for comfort (admittedly, it would be nice if you loved someone else sometimes, especially your father!).  Thankfully, we celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas surrounded by our family and you started sleeping though the night! Regardless of any differences we may have had or will have, THANK YOU Mr. F for sleeping through the night in your own bed at 8 weeks.  You have no idea what this did for everyone's sanity. January was a tough month. We spent a lot of time with Grandma and she was even able to hold you one last time.  The last thing she said to me was that she loved us. Always remember this sweet boy. In February I turned 30 (yikes!) and you were 3 months old.  You hated tummy time almost as much as you eventually hated crawling. By April you were sitting up and we made our first plane trip to NY.  I had a panic attack (Xanax and the NY firemen that bought me a drink were beautiful things) on the plane but you were great. In July you got your first teeth and started to crawl. You were one of those babies that wanted to walk before your crawled and you almost did it.  Every time you crawled for the first month you screamed.  It was a fun time for all involved.  By 10 months your were up and running. These last two months have been really interesting as you've learned to say a few words, gained some independence, and even showed Cousin C who's boss a time or two :) I love you so much sweet boy and can't wait to see all the amazing things you're going to do.                                   



 Today was an almost perfect day.  Husband stayed home from work and we celebrated Mr. F from sunrise to sunset. Most nights I'm ready for bed time but everyone morning (provided it's after 7 am) I love waking up and listening to him talk to himself.  Unfortunately, he woke up sick and didn't get to enjoy his birthday as much as we did.  We started the day with birthday pancakes.  Really we started the day with cake in the shape of pancakes.  If I didn't have such refined taste buds and didn't require mimosas and breakfast tacos on my birthday this would definitely be my choice.  I mean cake for breakfast, yes, please! After breakfast we stayed in our pjs and played outside on some of the awesome new birthday gifts.  Again, I'm not sure who had more fun? Husband took him for a ride at the park and climbed all over the place with him.  I wish we were independently wealthy and could spend this much time together all the time.  That's not unreasonable is it? After a much needed nap we had the whole family over for dinner and more cake. Yes, please! Over all I think it was a pretty decent first birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment