Saturday, September 22, 2012

Jolly Green Giant; Less Jolly More Giant

I've always been a sort of Giantess but today I got a slap in the face that made me feel more like Hagrid. It's definitely time to lose some serious post baby weight.  Oddly enough, I lost weight during my pregnancy.  Who knows why?  My weight came after he was born.  Then my body sweetly decided was the time to really pack on the pounds.  So today was the day...my mind is set. I must become shorter, skinnier, and smarter. As I can really only do something about one of those (shorter) I need you, my one and only reader...aka the husband, to help me stay accountable. When my alarm goes off at 5:30 and I think coffee and the paper sound better than the gym please, punch me in the gut.
I AM going to run The Race for the Cure 5k on November 4th in honor of my mom. This is also the day of  Mr. F's 1st birthday party, I like to torture myself. I started "training" today. I ran/walked 5 miles. I'm hesitant to post my times on here because I don't want to be totally embarrassed in front of the world (yes husband, you are the world ;)) I'll keep you updated on further progress...

1 comment:

  1. HEY! I'm a faithful follower too! And while I am shorter I'm also chubbier and need to start training for the 5k too. Next time I invite you to Chuy's punch ME in the gut and make me go work out first!

    ReplyDelete