Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

I have some pretty wonderful friends in my life. Tonight two of them came over for dinner.  We like to pretend that we're healthy by making vegetarian dishes then drinking three bottles of red wine and calling it a night! Tonight we made cauliflower pizza crusts from Fat Girl Trapped In a Skinny Body (not fare right?) and they were amazing! Julia says if you're looking for the real pizza taste, you may not find it here.  She's wrong...they were wonderful! Again, may be the wine talking but we loved them.
I needed to make a few more crusts than the recipe called for so it's slightly altered from the original amazing recipe!

Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.

Cauliflower Crust
3 Eggs
3 Cups of grated (I used my awesome food processor) raw caulifower
3 Cups of mozzarella cheese (yuuuuum!)
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil ( I used about an 1/8 of a cup of dried...yah yah yah, lazy)
Mix all of these ingredients together and form 6 "patties" on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
The original recipe says to bake for 12-15 minutes each.  I baked mine for 18 minutes and really liked the crunchy bits (I'm a fat girl in a not so skinny body ;))
Healthy? Duh...look at all that mozzarella 



Took every bit of self control I had not to dig in right now...


Toppings
Anything!!
We used...
Red bell pepper
Onion
Zucchini
Pepperoni (you know...for the husband)
Bake at 450F degrees for about 10 minutes.

YUM
Dig in and pretend like you're eating diet food!

P.S. My pictures aren't nearly as pretty as Fat Girl In a Skinny Body

1 comment: